The Bottom Line
- Solid melodic death album.
- Longtime fans might not like new musical direction.
- Released in North America May 16, 2006 on The End Records.
- The album was produced by the band and recorded at Black Syndicate Studios in Stockholm, Sweden.
- This is the band's third full-length studio album.
Guide Review - Dissection - Reinkaos
The 2006 edition of Dissection is a melodic death metal band. There are some minor black metal influences, but it's not even close to their earlier work. They sound a lot more like In Flames today than they do their earlier incarnation. There has been quite a backlash against their new sound, but taken on its own merits this is a good melodeath album. The riffs are clever and there are some interesting melodies. Whether they'll be able to convince old Dissection fans of that is a different story.